Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Assistant
Gosforth Park First School
Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Assistants
Fixed Term Contract to 31/03/2024 - £20,812 per annum pro rata
Casual £10.787 per hour plus 15% Leave Allowance
*This post attracts a Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £10.90 an hour.*
The Governors of Gosforth Park First School wish to appoint Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Assistants for September 2023. The positions will be on a supply or fixed term contract until 31st March 2024.
The hours on offer are:
Term time: 7:45 – 8:55 am and 3:30 – 5:00 pm or 7:45 – 8:55 am or 3:30 – 5:00 pm
Holidays: 8:00am – 6:00pm
The club will run from 8:00 – 6:00
Casual supply, term time only hours are available.
For fixed term contracts:
Holidays must be taken during school holidays, two weeks of which must be taken in the Christmas Holidays when both school and club are closed.
Of the remaining 11 weeks school holiday time, staff must be available for at least 50% of the time.
There will be mandatory training provided and paid for by the school, including but not limited to
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Food hygiene
- First Aid
- Fire warden training
- Fire evacuation procedures
- Children with additional needs
- Any other training which becomes relevant
Training will either be held within working hours or paid as overtime.
Gosforth Park First School is a popular school in the heart of Gosforth, well supported by parents and the local community. We serve a changing population and strive to ensure that the needs of all pupils are met, both socially and academically. Our school community has high aspirations and expectations for the children we serve. We are committed to encouraging children’s understanding and acceptance of other faiths, beliefs and cultures while supporting them to develop their own place in the community, both locally and globally.
The following drivers are at the heart of our broad and balanced curriculum.
Confidence, Challenge, Creativity and Community
Gosforth Park First School has a real sense of family. This is a view shared by pupils, parents and staff. The new motto, ‘together we make a difference’, is felt as you walk through the door. This is a caring, nurturing school. Pupils feel safe and well looked after. They say behaviour is good and they have no worries about bullying – Ofsted (February 2020)
Candidates must be able to:
- Assist with the organisation, maintenance, setting out and clearing away of resources to create a purposeful and attractive learning environment.
- Assist with any administrative tasks such as attendance registers, collection of fees etc.
- Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
- Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
- Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional and physical needs of pupils.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with all of the School’s policies and procedures.
Applications forms are available from the school website and are returnable to the school via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted until midday on Friday 1st September. Please note that we will be considering applications upon receipt and inviting shortlisted candidates to interviews on a rolling basis. If successful appointments are made Friday 1st September, the advert will close and no further applications will be considered. The school website will be updated if the status of the advert changed.
Time and place of interviews will be agreed with each of the shortlisted candidates.