We are fully committed to doing all we can to ensure the safety of the children when they use the internet at school.
Measures are in place to reduce the chance of children seeing any inappropriate material but we also teach the children the skills needed to:
• recognise that information on the internet is not necessarily factual and that sources should be checked
• how to behave online when using social networking sites and instant messaging
• how and where to seek advice and support should anything happen which makes them feel uncomfortable.
We recognise that parents will also want to protect their children and therefore share our policy and practice with them at the beginning of each year.
The links below provide parents with additional information about e-safety:
On Safer Internet Day 2019 which is on Tuesday 5th February we will be talking to the children about working together for a better internet.
Please see the resources below.
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Conversation Starters.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Fun Things To Do.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Internet Safety Plan.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Get Involved.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Pack Overview.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Information and Online Resources.pdf
- SID2019 Parents and Carers - Quick Activities.pdf