Contract Type: Fixed term from 1 September 20 to 31 August 2021
Working Pattern: Full time
Advert Start Date: 27/04/2020
Advert End Date: 21/05/2020 12:00
Salary: MPS/UPS: £24,373 - £40,490 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week: Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the school.
The governors wish to appoint a full time Class Teacher, who will work initially in KS1
Gosforth Park First School is a popular school in the heart of Gosforth, well supported by parents and the local community. We serve a changing population and strive to ensure that the needs of all pupils are met, both socially and academically. Our school community has high aspirations and expectations for the children we serve. We are committed to encouraging children’s understanding and acceptance of other faiths, beliefs and cultures while supporting them to develop their own place in the community, both locally and globally.
The following drivers are at the heart of our broad and balanced curriculum.
Confidence, Challenge, Creativity and Community
Gosforth Park First School has a real sense of family. This is a view shared by pupils, parents and staff. The new motto, ‘together we make a difference’, is felt as you walk through the door. This is a caring, nurturing school. Pupils feel safe and well looked after. They say behaviour is good and they have no worries about bullying – Ofsted (February 2020)
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is an outstanding and motivated practitioner who secures excellent pupil progress.
- Has a high expectation of all children.
- Is creative and proactive in their approach to teaching and learning.
- Has a deep understanding of how children learn to read and can foster a love of reading
- Use summative and formative assessment (assessment for learning) accurately to ensure that high standards of progress and achievement are promoted through all the work of the school.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a team.
- Can support subject development across the school
- Is passionate about becoming an integral part of our school’s journey towards outstanding, following our recent Ofsted inspection.
Gosforth Park First School is fully able to support an NQT in this post.
In return we offer
- An inspiring and supportive Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
- A dedicated and supportive staff team
- Leaders who take staff wellbeing and workload seriously
- Happy, engaged and enthusiastic children
- An outward looking school that works closely with parents and the community
- An inclusive and supportive working environment
- Collaborative working within the Gosforth Schools’ Trust
Gosforth Park First School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, venerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Under normal circumstances, candidates are encouraged to visit the school, however, due to the current circumstances, this is not possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a short telephone conversation with the Headteacher.
Application forms and supporting documents are available on the school website and returnable electronically to email@example.com FAO Mrs L Lamb by 12 noon on Friday 21st May.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Once we have shortlisted, we will let any successful candidates know arrangements for when the interviews will take place.
Please note - The structure and format of interviews will depend upon guidance at the time regarding COVID-19 social distancing. If a face to face interview is not possible due to national lockdown measures, we may need to carry out the process through alternative methods such as video conferencing.
The successful applicants will be required to work (paid or supply costs paid) during the last week of term to ensure a full and comprehensive transition can take place for the benefit of our children.
We look forward to hearing from you