Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Deputy Lead
Gosforth Park First School
Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Deputy Leader
Fixed Term - £19,312 - £20,493 per annum pro rata
Fixed Term to 31 March 2022
Casual/Supply - £10.0099 per hours plus leave allowance of 14%
The Governors of Gosforth Park First School wish to appoint a Breakfast/After School/Holiday Club Deputy Leader for September 2021. This post is graded at N4 and will be on a Casual/Supply basis or Fixed Term contract until 31st March 2022.
The hours on offer are
7:40 – 9:00 am and 3:25 – 6:00 pm
7:50am – 6:10pm
Holidays must be taken during school holidays, two weeks of which must be taken in the Christmas Holiday when both school and club are closed.
Of the remaining 11 weeks school holiday time, staff must be available for at least 50% of the time.
The club will run from 8:00 – 6:00
There will be mandatory provided and paid for by the school, including but not limited to
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Food hygiene
- First Aid
- Fire warden training
- Fire evacuation procedures
- Children with additional needs
- Any other training which becomes relevant
Training will either be held within working hours or paid as overtime.
Gosforth Park First School is a popular school in the heart of Gosforth, well supported by parents and the local community. We serve a changing population and strive to ensure that the needs of all pupils are met, both socially and academically. Our school community has high aspirations and expectations for the children we serve. We are committed to encouraging children’s understanding and acceptance of other faiths, beliefs and cultures while supporting them to develop their own place in the community, both locally and globally.
The following drivers are at the heart of our broad and balanced curriculum.
Confidence, Challenge, Creativity and Community
Gosforth Park First School has a real sense of family. This is a view shared by pupils, parents and staff. The new motto, ‘together we make a difference’, is felt as you walk through the door. This is a caring, nurturing school. Pupils feel safe and well looked after. They say behaviour is good and they have no worries about bullying – Ofsted (February 2020)
Candidates must be able to:
- Assist the Breakfast Club/After School Club/Holiday Club Leader to advise, support and assist the Head Teacher in the development of an effective programme of activities ensuring appropriate equipment, facilities and services are available.
- Under the direction of the Breakfast Club/After School Club/Holiday Club Leader, supervise the work of the Breakfast/After School Club Assistant(s).
- Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
- Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
- Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional and physical needs of pupils.
- Under the direction of the Breakfast Club/After School Club/Holiday Club Leader, assist in the control of income and expenditure for the Breakfast/After School Club ensuring relevant records are maintained.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures.
Application forms are available from the school website and are returnable to the school via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted until midday on Friday 27th August. Please note that we will be considering applications upon receipt and inviting shortlisted candidates to interviews on a rolling basis. If successful appointments are made before 27th August, the advert will close and no further applications will be considered. The school website will be updated if the status of the advert changed.
Time and place of interviews will be agreed with each of the shortlisted candidates.